4th Annual Hospice of Havasu Reinvention Project & Auction
- Date(s): February 25, 2017 @ 2-4pm
- Venue: Nautical Beachfront Resort Convention Center
- Admission: $10/person; $20/project to enter
- Website: www.hospicehavasu.org
- Contact: Kelly Parks - email@example.com 928-453-2111
- Description: Reinvent and turn trash to treasure at the 4th Annual Hospice of Havasu Re-Invention Project.
Come have fun and experience a unique community event, started in 2014, featuring an array of super creative projects created by local 'reinventors' from re-purposed materials. You will have the opportunity to view all of the creative projects, vote on your favorites and participate in silent bidding on all of the projects you hope to take home with you, while enjoying music, beverages of your choosing and some lite snacks.
Two honors will be given out this year: "The People’s Choice" Award - tallied from the audience votes, and "The Best ReInvention" Award - tallied from a panel of community judges.
TO BE A REINVENTOR
It's easy! Click here and click on Reinventor to register (through January 31, 2017). You'll receive one of two event tickets when you register and the second ticket when you turn in your finished project. Next, create a project out of re-purposed objects and materials (your project can be something functional or a work of art). Your finished project will need to be completed by February 24th (the day before the event ) and dropped off at the Nautical Beachfront Resort Convention Center between 10am-4pm. Reinventor tickets are $20.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Click here to purchase tickets to join the party and bid on reinvention projects! Tickets are $10 each.
Havasu REALTOR® Olympics: A Day at the Park
- Date(s): February 25, 2017 @ 11am-3pm
- Venue: Springerg-McAndrew Park
- Admission: $2+3 cans of food or $5 per person; kids free
- Website: www.facebook.com/RealtorOlympics/?fref=ts
- Contact: Monti Midgette, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - firstname.lastname@example.org 928-854-5015
- Description: Join the Havasu REALTOR® Charitable Assistance Foundation for the Opening Day of REALTOR® Olympics, "A Day at the Park." Music by Anthem, Chili Cookoff, Salsa contest, bounce house for the kids, 50/50 ticket sales, face painting, Bloody Mary contest and FREE hot dogs and beer (donations accepted)!
"Legends of Route 66" Bike Build-Off
- Date(s): February 25-26, 2017 (see description for times)
- Venue: Lake Havasu State Park, Lot 4
- Admission: $10/day
- Website: www.vetsuniteaz.org
- Contact: Frankie Lyons - email@example.com 928-302-9547
- Description: Local businesses come together to raise awareness for the homeless and at-risk Veterans at the "Legends of Route 66" Bike Build-Off.
This is a three day event hosting a variety of entertainment and activities for all ages, including:
Food and merchandise vendors will be on-hand. If you would like to be a vendor (food vendors are full), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-302-9547. Hosted by Veterans United AZ.
"Art Happens Here" - A Tour of Lake Havasu City Art Studios/Galleries
- Date(s): February 25, 2017 @ 9am-4pm
- Venue: Various locations
- Admission: $15; children under 12 free
- Contact: Christine Link - email@example.com 928-505-4199
- Description: Enjoy a day of art visiting art studios in Lake Havasu City.
For $15 art lovers will receive a wrist band and map of participating art studios and galleries and may visit as many as they wish during event hours. A variety of art media will be represented, demonstrations and refreshments will be available at most sites. Meet the artists. See works in progress. Finished pieces may be available for sale directly from the artists.
There will be twenty to thirty participating studios/galleries. Addresses and descriptions will be on the event maps. Contact Christine's Accessories (2069 W. Acoma Bl.) for more information, maps, and to purchase wristbands.
6th Annual Line Dance on the Bridge
- Date(s): February 26, 2017 @ 2-5pm
- Venue: London Bridge
- Admission: $10/person (thru 2/4); $15/person (2/5-2/25); $20 day of
- Website: www.havasucommunityhealth.org
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 928-453-8190
- Description: Havasu Community Health Foundation invites you to gather your friends and join them for their Annual Line Dance on London Bridge.
Fun loving people join together for two short dances on historic London Bridge, and then gather under the bridge for two more hours of dancing.
Early registration $10, regular registration $15, and registration the day of the dance is $20. Optional t-shirts are $15. Watch the website havasucommunityhealth.org for online registration, instruction videos and additional information.
This is a charitable fundraising event. Proceeds help fund low-cost health-screening programs, support groups and health education in the Lake Havasu Community. Havasu Community Health Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization and your registration is tax deductible.
Please note: The London Bridge will be closed to all traffic from 2:30-3pm the day of the event. Event date, times and/or details are subject to change. Please contact event coordinator to verify information.